Welcome to new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
- We made a nice video documentary from Scala Days NYC !
- Ways to pattern match generic types in Scala, a great article by our own Jaakko Pallari
- The Scala Center Advisory Board, an by Jon Pretty
- Domain specific types in a play framework project, a blog by Dominik Zajkowski
- Overview of free monad in cats, a nice by Krzysztof Wyczesany
- Free Monads using FreeK, an by Pere Villega
- Disadvantages of purely functional programming, a blog by Jon Harrop
- Micro-optimizing your Scala code, a great by Li Haoyi
- Artery Design Ideas (new remoting), an interesting opened by Patrik Nordwall
- A dive into Akka Streams, a great by Gioia Ballin and Simone Fabiano
- The future of service, another great by Jamie Allen
- Kafka Streams - How Does It Fit The Stream Processing Landscape?, an interesting by Adam Warski
- Streaming Data Architecture, a free by Ted Dunning and Ellen Friedman
- Real Time Credit Card Fraud Detection with Apache Spark and Event Streaming, an by Carol McDonald
- Monitoring Cassandra at Scale, an interesting by Joseph Lynch
- And as always, Adrian Collier wrote a couple of insightful posts:
- User-friendly scala lens syntax for mortals. xdotai / lens 1.0.0. Built with CBT
- sbt-export-repo 0.1.0, a plugin to export your dependency graph to a preloaded local repo
- sbt-dependency-check 0.1.0, check your dependencies for publicly known vulerabilities/CVEs
- sbt-jol, so you can trivially inspect object layout of your scala classes
- akka-sse 1.8.1 for Akka 2.4.7
- akka-http-json 1.7.0 for Akka 2.4.7
- akka-log4j 1.1.4
- sbt-prompt 1.0.0
- eff-cats 1.7.1is
That’s all folks. You can get in touch with me directly via email or on (@petr_zapletal) with any Scala news or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (31/05/2016)