Welcome to new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
- Copying sealed trait instances: a journey through generic programming and shapeless, great article by our own Olivier
- Reusable response collectors in Akka, interesting post by my colleague Jaakko
- Event - Using Akka HTTP - Tuesday 12th April 2016. Krakow, an invitation to Sasha's talk
- 10 Influential Women in Java, Scala and Everything in Between, an by Henn Idan
- A Comonad of Graph Decompositions, very interesting by Rúnar Bjarnason
- Bits of Shapeless part 1: HLists, a blog by Rui Batista
- Baking plugins, helpful by Sebastián Ortega
- EasyDI – Who wants some cake?, nice by Eric Torreborre
- Dependency Injection In Play Framework Using Scala, another DI related , this time by Krzysztof Pado
- Hakk the planet: Implementing Akka HTTP (Un)Marshallers, great by Konrad Malawski
- You can find awesome visualisation of Scala data structures
- Why we chose Akka for our Cloud Device solution, an by Ulises Olivenza
- Our friends from Lightbend published a couple of articles:
- Introducing Complex Event Processing (CEP) with Apache Flink, great by Till Rohrmann
- Rethinking Streaming Analytics for Scale, interesting by Helena Edelson
- Log Compaction | Highlights in the Apache Kafka and Stream Processing Community | April 2016, by Gwen Shapira
- Hello World, Kafka Connect + Kafka Streams, great by Michal Haris
- Coeffects: Context-aware programming languages, very interesting by Tomas Petricek
- I'd also like to introduce you a couple of projects:
- , a build and debugging tool based on sbt
- , Safer universal equivalence for Scala & Scala.JS
- , yet another json parsering typeclass
- for SI-2712 !!!
- Flink 1.0.1 has been with more than 20 issues fixed
Just published 1 and for Scala 2.12.0-M4
- sbt-assembly 0.14.3 featuring shading fix on Windows contributed
- Ignite Flink streaming connector is
- Gearpump 0.8.0 with Akka 2.4.2 and Apache incubation
- sbt-native-packager has brand-new docs and a new 1.1.0-RC3
- New circe 0.4.0
- Sangria v0.6.2 is . Now fully compatible with "April 2016" version of the GraphQL spec
- conscript 0.5.0, first release from foundweekends
- refined 0.4.0 is
- picopickle 0.3.0
- sbt-rats 2.3.0
- kiama 2.0.0 is
- sbt-nsa 0.0.1
That’s all folks. You can get in touch with me directly via email or on (@petr_zapletal) with any Scala news or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (25/04/2016)