Welcome to new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
- Machine learning at scale with Apache Spark, great by our own Martin Zapletal
- Strategic Scala Style: Principle of Least Power, great style by Li Haoyi
- Apache Spark 101, nice Spark by Patryk Jażdżewski
- I'd like to shed a light on , a plugin for sbt to scaffold an opinionated fresh sbt project which is already prepared for multiple modules
- How Apache Flink enables new streaming applications, interesting by Ufuk Celebi and Kostas Tzoumas
- I got a couple of interesting posts about Cassandra
- by Nenad Bozic
- by Jon Haddad
- by Jake Luciani
- Benchmarking Message Queue Latency, great by Tyler Treat
- How to do distributed locking, excellent by Martin Kleppmann
- Jepsen: RethinkDB 2.2.3 reconfiguration, another great by Kyle Kingsbury
- Adrien Colyer wrote a couple of great posts:
Apache Cassandra and released!
- akka-persistence-jdbc v2.2.4 compatible with akka 2.4.2-RC2
akka-log4j 1.1.1 for Akka 2.4.2-RC3
- akka-http-json for #Akka 2.4.2-RC3
- sbt 0.13.10-RC3 is with bug fixes and performance improvements
- scodec-bits 1.1.0 and scodec-core 1.9.0, with support for ByteVectors over 2gig
- ApacheApex core release 3.3.0-incubating is , adds support for iterative processing
- We've just Flink version 0.10.2 with some important bug fixes
- for Scala is now pure Scala - no more common code written in Java. Plus, authenticated requests and more
- circe 0.3.0 is ! Highlights: improved JSON numbers, error-accumulating decoders, lenses, interpolation, and more
- a version of the Eff monad for scalaz, now on par with cats
- sbt-pom-reader 2.1.0-RC1 is
- specs2 3.7.1
That’s all folks. You can get in touch with me directly via email or on (@petr_zapletal) with any Scala news or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (09/02/2016)