Welcome to new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
We are hiring for our Krakow office! If you are interested in working in an inspiring environment, solving challenging problems and using Scala and many other cutting edge technologies that make up modern reactive, resilient, elastic, message driven and distributed enterprise and data processing systems see this blog post to learn more about what we do and what positions are available.
- Our friends from Typesafe have published a couple of interesting posts:
- by Oliver White
- another one by Oliver White
- Let's introduce - Simple, safe and intuitive I/O in Scala
- Also project , a small framework to define long running (persistent)processes within Akka, looks interesting. More info
- Log Uncaught Errors In Scala/Akka, nice by Misja Alma
- Entry-Level, Synchronous & Transactional Event Sourcing, an by Adam Warski
- Understanding the functional revolution in front-end applications, great blog by Thomas Roch
- A short introduction to the `Aux` pattern, another nice , this time by Luigi
- Intro to Spark Streaming, great by Brian Clapper
- Benchmarking Aurora vs MySQL: Is Amazon’s New DB Really 5x Faster?, nice by Alex Zhitnitsky
- Off-heap Memory in Apache Flink and the curious JIT compiler, very interesting by Stephan Ewen
- Building DistributedLog: Twitter’s high-performance replicated log service, great by Leigh Stewart
- Kafka by example: Kafka as Unix Pipes, nice Kafka by James Cheng
- Road to Mobilization: Typeclasses in Swift, Haskell and Scala, a blog by Krzysztof Siejkowski
- A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, great by Stephanie and Tony
- Functional Structures in Scala, of great videos by Michael Pilquist
- Akka 2.3.14, fixes ClusterClient behaviour under certain edge-cases. Also Akka 2.4.0-RC3 is
- Eventuate 0.3
- Streamz 0.3.1
- Source Code MongoDB Scala Driver 2.8.2 / 3.0.0-M2
- Just macro-compat-1.0.1
- rediscala 1.5.0 is
- ammonite scala REPL 0.4.8 with fixes
- atto 0.4.2
- sbt-jmh 0.2.4 is
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (15/09/2015)