Welcome to new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
- Demystifying Spark Serialization Error, great article by our own Sasha
- Let's introduce , a set of work dispatchers implemented using Akka actors
- Reactive File System Monitoring Using Akka Actors, interesting by voxxed
- Reactive Streams and Microservices With Akka, a blog by Mitch Pronschinske
- Avoid Javaisms: Mocks, Stubs, DI is Code Smell, nice by Alexandru Nedelcu
- Flink 2015: A year in review, and a lookout to 2016, helpful by Robert Metzger
- Benchmarking Streaming Computation Engines at Yahoo!, great by revans2
- Cassandra UDF/UDA Technical Deep Dive, comprehensive by Doan DuyHai
- Moving a team from Scala to Golang, interesting by Jim Plush
- How to Build a Scalable ETL Pipeline with Kafka Connect, great by Liquan Pei
- Everything You Know About Latency Is Wrong, very interesting by Tyler Treat
- Play 2.4.6
- Monifu 1.0
- Scalatra 2.4.0 is
- DataStax OpsCenter 5.2.3 is now with fixes and improvements
- DataStax C/C++ driver 2.2.2 for Apache #Cassandra with basic support for Cassandra 3.0
- akka-mock-scheduler 0.4.0 is . Now supports the often-requested cancellable tasks feature
- refined 0.3.3 is
That’s all folks. You can get in touch with me directly via email or on (@petr_zapletal) with any Scala news or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (15/12/2015)