Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Why I'm Excited About Scalaz 8, a great by Joe
- A on Kentucky Mule and Twitter’s Scala compiler announcement
- Manuel wrote an article about : naming your application components after Akka concepts
- What's new in Akka 2.5.4? Check out a by Mikołaj Koziarkiewicz
- by Bryan Kane
- Powerful and modular in Apache Beam by Eugene
- out of Apache Kafka & into Elasticsearch
- Care for some light reading? Learn more about the presented at #kdd2017 last week
- Taking 'cloud native' with collaboration between apps and container mgt platforms
- Towards deploying decommissioned mobile devices as
- "works like verification, feels like testing" - through continuous LFDI testing at Elastic
- Oxford's "Deep Learning for NLP" - Just noticed t
- Lagom 1.3.7 is !
- There is a new major version
- akka reactive-kafka v0.17 ! Apache Kafka 0.11 support added
- My new Scala plugin sbt-json is now via the Sonatype central repository
- Just added benchmark results to the for this morning's circe 0.9.0-M1 (tl;dr: it's faster than 0.8.0)
- circe-config 0.3.0 to celebrate it's now part of the circe GitHub org
- Created & sbt-compat 1.0.0: backports parts of sbt 1's public API on top of sbt 0.13 implementation
- sbt-conflict-classes 0.1.0 . support sbt 1.0
- http4s v0.18.0-M1 is . This series introduces:
- scopt 3.7.0
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!