Welcome to another edition of #ThisWeekInScala.
Holiday season is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere. Here's hoping you get plenty of time to chillax, recuperate and... learn some more Scala! Hope this helps...
- was released!
- and 1.10.2-SNAPSHOT for Scala 2.11.0-M4 on maven
- is available featuring long polling, non-blocking implementation using Akka and Spray
- was updated for netty 4.0.3.Final
- was released
- and supports the new Riak 1.4 functionality and uses Akka 2.2 final
- was released
- -Hello world is now 2.63 KB, and the Reversi is just under the MB at 1,004 KB!
- @ouertani: pushed a
- The for developers
- A new chapter entitled "Your first distributed Akka app" was added to the MEAP
This week I offer you a presentation given by the creator of sbt, Mark Harrah at the NE Scala 2013 conference:
Blogs & Tutorials
- The Akka team added a few more posts to their blog:
- Tomasz Nurkiewicz blogged:
- VaughnVernon added some more posts to his series on EAI Patterns with Actor Model:
- Typesafe published:
- Adam Koblentz of zero turnaround blogged:
- Eishay Smith of 42 engineering showed us
- James Phillpotts blogged:
- Richard Dallaway wrote part two of his series 'The Appeal of the Lift Web Framwork':
- James Hughes wrote a post about Akka:
- @ScalaTutorials shared:
- Age Mooij got in touch to share his latest blog post: (He's excused for being a little late ;) )
- Jonathan Warden blogged:
- Colin Webb shared his post:
- Heiko Seeberger wrote the, a reactive chat app with Scala, Akka, Spray and AngularJS:
That's all folks. Have a great week. Remember you can get in touch with me directly via email or message me on twitter (@ChrisCundill) with any Scala news, events or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.