Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Wondering what's up with in Scala?
- Announcing: ! (scala's fast compile & test tool)
- New Scala colloections described -
- I hinghly recommend to check out
- in a Lagom application
- Interesting paper to read -
- ! The console and AWS lambda integrations look sweet
- Amazon announced ! A fully managed service to build, train & deploy machine learning models at scale
- And also EC2
- New confluent post - , also contains my favourite diagram ^^
- All of #NIPS2017 papers in
- at Facebook scale
- Mozilla has open source speech recognition model & data. Word error rate 6.5%, which is close to human
- Unintended side-effects, reward hacking, unsafe exploration and more... for autonomous agents and RL
- in software, based on an analysis of the systems for the Voyager and Galileo spacecraft
- by Berkeley AI Research
- New : Achieving Scale-independence for your Application is coming!
- Don't forget to check regularly
- Scala.js 1.0.0-M2 is
- Dotty 0.5.0-RC1 is
- Scala packaging utility now supports sbt 1.1.0-M1
- sbt 1.0.4 is ft. no-op compilation perf fix (caused by classpath hashing)
- sbt 1.1.0-RC1 is now ft. unified slash syntax and sbt server using LSP
- Akka HTTP 10.0.11 ! New caching module and rewritten (experimental) client pool
- akka-log4j 1.6.0 with support for Log4j 2.10.0
- specs2 maintenance 4.0.2
- Sangria v1.3.3 is ! Featuring most recent SDL spec updates, multi-line string support, SDL descriptions as strings, and some other minor improvements
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!