Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Anyone interested in collaborating on a new Scala build tool? Ping (or @li_haoyi)
- Check out , non-blocking AWS SDK for Scala exposing strongly-typed APIs built on top of http4s, fs2 and cats
- And also , a schema registry for CSV, TSV, JSON, AVRO and Parquet schema. Supports schema inference and GraphQL API
- between Scalaz and Cats wrt usage considerations, library health and ecosystems, performance
- Our good friend Alejandro gave an about
- for Akka Streams
- Scala Symposium 2017 talks are
- Nice cloud provider comparison -
- The Antipattern
- transition in Capital One
- : delegation is (much) faster than you think
- The Eternal Cost Savings Of
- Google announced the open source release of , a deep learning technology to reconstruct the true genome sequence from high-throughput sequencing data with significantly greater accuracy than previous classical methods
- Optimizing (Part 1)
- Akka 2.5.8 ! Includes important bugfix regarding memory leak in async-callbacks in Akka Streams so be sure to upgrade
- is on its way to Maven Central
- http4s 0.18.0-M6, 0.17.6, 0.16.6 now
- Ciris v0.6.0 with `Secret[A]` for hiding configuration values in log output
- Apache Beam, version 2.2.0, is now , with new IOs, experimental SQL support and other improvements
- the 1.0.2-RC1 update of Reactive Streams
- Just 0.80-RC1 of the akka persistence cassandra plugin. Removes use of Cassandra materialised views
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!