Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- : latest Scala releases (2.12.4, 2.11.12, 2.10.7) address a privilege escalation issue in the compile daemon
- by Adriaan
- just landed in Dotty
- is getting close!
- Prototype of the : more than 20x faster than Scala
- Jon published a really for Magnolia
- SIP 23 - for gets a long overdue update in the light of experience with the implementation in Typelevel Scala
- A Survey of for Ethics, Risk, and Policy
- Google announced , TensorFlow’s lightweight solution for mobile and embedded devices
- An improvement to the routing-by-agreement algorithm for Capsule Networks, leading to
- allows databases to be replicated across regions for lower latency & better performance
- The series continues. First a deep dive into modern convolutional architectures
- We had a great type in Scale by the Bay. The videos will be published on and photos on
- Shims 1.0 is and propagating to Maven Central
- scalajs-benchmark v0.2.5 is
- scalacss v0.5.4
- sbt-assembly 0.14.6 ft Jar Jar Links 1.6.5, application.conf concatenation, and fixes around shell scripts
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!