Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Let's start with our contributions:
- Check out
- by David
- by Riccardo
- Li wrote another great post -
- Say hello to , a Scala based lightweight service framework using Akka and other popular technologies
- Check out new : sbt plugin to speed up development by using tmpfs (RAM filesystem)
- Not Scala related but found it interesting -
- This one is also cool -
- And for streaming positivive ppl -
- AWS introduced the
- nice summary by Adrian
- is Facebook's end to end stack for performance tracing and analysis, that has been in prod. for the past two years
- Akka 2.5.7 was
- akka-stream-kafka 0.18 for Akka 2.5.7
- scalafix v0.5.6 is many improvements to linting and docs
- New Finch (with experimental circe printing optimizations) for Finagle 17.11
- Apache Apex Malhar (the Apex library) 3.8.0
- Quill 2.3.0 is with support for case classes within quotations
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because LoansWithNoCreditCheck are hiring!